March 27, 2015

Paradors of Spain offer unique lodging

Paradors of Spain offer unique lodging


Spread throughout the varied countryside, Spain’s government-operated paradors operate inside converted historical buildings that are often in remote, scenic areas. Accommodations are comfortable and sometimes elegant, with original museum-quality art on the walls and antiques among the furnishings, and the house restaurants present dishes representative of the region’s cuisine. Children are welcome in all paradors. Considering the quality level, prices are surprisingly reasonable.  

cliff-top Parador de Ronda in Ronda, Spain
cliff-top Parador de Ronda in Ronda, Spain



More ideas for exploring Europe.


image ©2015 Carole Terwilliger Meyers

3 comments:

  1. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Barcelona villa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreamy article Carole! I want to go! I love those magical moments, like yours in Chinchon where you sucked the juice from the pomegranate seeds and drank liqueur. Lovely, just lovely.
    Josie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josie, do start planning to take some of these trips. You'll have your own magical moments.

      Delete

Popular Posts